Monday, October 26, 2015

"God bless us- every one!"

     Today I want to give a blog shout-out to my incredible friends out there who have lavishly blessed me with gifts via mail.  The arrival of FedEx and/or UPS trucks considerably boosted the quality of my otherwise mundane days at the house alone.  THANK YOU for helping me call almost every Monday-Saturday for the last couple of weeks "Cancer Christmas" because I got to open a package!  One day I removed a tiny pack of tissues from a bubble wrapped envelope from my sister, which was awesome BECAUSE I GOT TO OPEN A PACKAGE.  It's not about the price tag on the gift, it's the thought and the surprise that counts!  She later text, "I don't know why that shipped separately from the rest of the gift."  But I'm just over here like, "It's more fun to get multiple packages on different days!  Plus, I legit need travel tissues everywhere I go.  You da bomb."

     I think the FedEx/UPS drivers and mailwoman think I have a serious shopping addition.  This makes me giggle as I creep back inside from the porch.  "God bless us- everyone!" (Tiny Tim, A Christmas Carol)

     P.S.  You gift-givers should have received a thank you card if I have your address.  If you haven't, I hope you enjoy the pony express in your future as much as I do!  If you were one of those Sneaks who didn't give me an address, I shake a (very thankful) fist in your general direction.  My head is so warm & my heart is so full.  XO!

No comments:

Post a Comment